Assistant Unit Manager – Salary: R7 000 – R8 000 Per Month
Employer: Hotel and Catering Personnel
We currently have (X2) permanent Assistant Unit Manager positions based within a hospital environment within the Pretoria City area in Johannesburg.
Role Purpose and Scope:
Manages and assumes responsibility and accountability for resident care on the assigned unit in the absence of the Unit Manager. Assists in Managing the unit in accordance with policy and procedure and relevant regulations to promote high-quality care and service.
– Discuss catering arrangements with clients;
– Plan menu and communicate with the chef;
– Supervise the purchase, storage and issuing of food;
– Supervise the provision of all crockery, cutlery, detergents, kitchenware, etc.;
– Make sure that there is adequate security for food and equipment;
– Keep records of payments, expenses, temperature logs, calibration documentation, etc.;
– Plan, coordinate and supervise the activities of workers in dining rooms, kitchens, bars and other areas;
– Manage staff hiring, training and time schedules;
– Make sure the dining rooms, kitchen, storage facilities and other work areas are kept clean and conform to the sanitary regulations;
– Attend to complaints concerning food and service;
– Liaise with the Operations Manager to determine areas for improvement – unit objectives;
– Partake in company initiatives, such as the annual campaign and monthly completion of the Balanced Score Card.
– Phone Head Office every day to inform them that the contract is fine upon opening;
– On meal count rounds take along tea sheets and production sheets to Wards;
– Always check for completion of diet sheets, meal times on lists and tea lists;
– Management of staff restaurant after 3 pm (clean, help prep etc.);
– Check Staff Restaurant food quality;
– Different shift/ different working strategies;
– Communication and respect between management and staff;
– Managers to delegate tasks / “work plan for the day”;
– One Manager to always be in the kitchen (take turns) on weekends to monitor kitchen staff and stores;
– Warnings to staff from Managers to take place in Wards;
– Managers to check food and signatures on menus;
– Manager to issue stock on weekends, and see that there is no wastage;
– Complaint handling of patients over weekends;
– Assistant to ensure that prep work is done over weekends;
– Breakfast production to be done the previous day to see the amount of stock to be issued;
– To capture invoices and bulk issues over weekends;
– Costing to be done every day.
– High school/equivalent in experience – focus on intermediate literacy and numerical abilities;
– Food and Beverage Manager or similar qualification;
– Previous experience in an Assistant Unit Manager role or equivalent.
– Good knowledge of food safety & hygiene practices;
– Good knowledge of stock and cost control;
– Good knowledge of menu planning and dietetic requirements;
– Good knowledge of roles and responsibilities within the department/unit.
– A high level of personal cleanliness;
– Able to manage time and work under pressure;
– Able to remain calm and in control in difficult situations;
– Good communication and organizational skills;
– Team leader/people management ability;
– A high degree of personal motivation with the ability to influence and motivate others;
– Positive attitude to change and innovate;
– Flexible attitude.
– Ability to work long, irregular hours, including public holidays and weekends;
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Should you meet the above criteria, please forward a copy of your updated CV (Word document), when applying. Clear criminal results are essential and suitable candidates who are available immediately will be considered favourably.
This position reports to Unit Manager
Apply before Thursday, August 8, 2019 – 61 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
Source – Careers24