Banker wanted – Apply Now.
Retail & Business Banking
- To define and manage the execution of the Specialised Lending sales strategy and tactical plan across the three specialised lending areas (i.e., Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, Commercial Property Finance and Structured Working Capital, etc.) and in line with the Specialised Sales strategy and objectives as well as with the Specialised Lending value propositions (as determined by the Business Lending team in Business Banking).
- To manage the integration and single view of the Specialised Lending solutions (e.g., Structured Working Capital, Commercial Property Finance including investment deals up to R 40 million, Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, etc.) offered to customers in order to ensure balance growth across all products.
- To drive the acquisition of new business and the management of the existing customer base, in order to achieve balance growth and profitable liability growth.
- To be accountable for the management of the national Specialised Lending sales team to collectively deliver a high-touch value-adding acquiring and service platform for Specialised Lending sales customers.
- To execute on the sales plan and ensure sales targets are met.
Specialised Lending sales strategy and tactical plan
- Accountable for developing, defining and managing the execution of sales strategies and tactical plans for the lending acquisition (e.g., Commercial Property Finance, Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, Structured Working Capital, etc.) across all segments (e.g., Business Banking and Corporate and Investment Banking).
- Supports the Specialised Lending sales team by translating Business Banking’s Specialised Lending growth objectives into tactical sales and service plans and initiatives.
- Translates the value propositions for each Business Banking segment into a differentiated sales and service strategy and plan for each industry (e.g., attorneys, estate agents, etc.).
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses in the national sales team’s performance and ensures that suitable tactics are implemented to address concerns and to maximise strengths
- Drives sales targets for Specialised Lending by tracking, measuring and managing sales and service performance.
- Drives optimal and consistent use of pipeline, opportunity and leads management for Specialised Lending.
New business acquisition
- Identifies new markets in order to increase market penetration of the Specialised Lending sales solutions.
- Researches industries and sub-sectors that have a need for Specialised Lending in order to increase the Specialised Lending footprint in consultation with the Customer Insights and Measurement team.
- Develops sales proposals for the potential industries and regulatory bodies identified through the research conducted in order to increase market penetration.
- Researches and analyses the regions to understand key business drivers, influences and competitor activity in consultation with the Customer Insights and Measurement team
- Accountable to achieve sales targets for Specialised Lending.
- Provides technical input when required on structuring transactions to ensure the balance between risk and reward for the bank whilst meeting the customers’ requirements.
- Presents and support deals at Credit Risk Committees.
- Assists with the negotiation of terms with both Credit and Legal.
Customer relationship management
- Acts as the custodian for optimal service delivery within Specialised Lending sales.
- Drives the implementation of a personalised, high-touch service culture in the Specialised Lending team.
- Develops tactics to retain Specialised Lending market share through value-added services in collaboration with business partners and to address service gaps
- Builds and manages relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., Business Markets (including the sales teams in the provinces), CIB, Business Banking Customer Financial Solutions, Business Banking product teams, etc.) in order to generate quality leads and grow market share.
Risk and compliance management
- Ensures that Specialised Lending is compliant to all applicable legislative requirements such as the National Credit Act (NCA), Companies Act, Consumer Protection Act (CPA), etc.
- Provides input into the industry needs analysis conducted by the risk and compliance team to identify risk and compliance issues that may need to be addressed.
- Ensures compliance with rules, regulations and legislation governing the South African financial services industry. This includes ensuring adherence to the Code of Banking Practice
Cost and business management
- Accountable for the sales and operational costs of the Specialised Lending sales team.
- Monitors and manages the national sales tactics and adjusts the tactics as needed to remain competitive and to increase market share. This includes leveraging the market and available resources to maximise profitability.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Drive 100% compliance training for all staff
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Economics.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an advantage
- 10 years’ relevant experience within the property industry.
- 5 years in the financial services, particularly in a customer-driven, customer-facing environment.
- Sound experience and knowledge in credit and compliance matters.
- Experience in people management, leading teams and motivating people
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and value proposition in Business Banking and PBB’s product and service offerings.
- Knowledge of general banking practices and procedures and of the distribution network in PBB.
- Knowledge of the multi-channel distribution channels available and how these can be leveraged.
- Conceptual knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current economic environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles and trends, and in particular commercial property industry.
- Understanding of business and financial management principles and practices to ensure cost containment, cost efficiency and effectiveness and profitability.
- Knowledge of sales and service delivery benchmarks and standards.
- Knowledge of local competitor tactics, distribution channels and product offerings.
- A good working knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) and the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA).
- Knowledge of data analytics, market research and competitor analysis.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]