Bartender Urgently wanted: APPLY HERE
• Ensure uniforms are adhered to and in accordance with the dress code. Ensure that you look presentable to the customers as you are the face of the company and need to present a professional image.
• Ensure bar area is neat and tidy prior to opening. Ensure that the same standard is kept during service times to ensure that the service area is neat and tidy at all times. Ensure service area is cleaning before customers are seated.
• Prepare stock requisition the night before but no later than an hour before opening time. Identify fast selling items and increase requisition and take into account relevant trends, busy periods/events that might increase stock requirements.
• Ensure fridges are sufficiently stocked and ensure stock rotation at all times.
• Ensure Float is correct.
• Greet customers and thank guests, always acting in a pro-active and positive manner. Show interest to the customer/punter, pay attention when they speak and maintain eye contact during conversations.
• Present menus to customers/punters and answer questions about menu items. Advise on daily specials and make recommendations upon request.
• Take beverage and/or food orders as soon as the customer/punter is seated. Ensure beverage order is taken within five minutes after menu is presented. Food/ snack orders are placed if requested. If required check customers identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages should the customer appear to be under aged.
• Write the orders on order slips to ensure the correct order is recorded. After receiving the order, immediately enter the order onto POS (GAAP) to ensure the order is generated.
• Follow up on food delays from the kitchen, advising punters/customers on delays and regularly communicating the status of the order.
• Ensure customer/ punter complaints are dealt with efficiently. Record all complaints in the complaint log and communicate all complaints to the supervisor.
• Collect payments from customer either by cash or card. Correctly record the payment. Thank the customer/punter for the tip. Any voids to be authorized by the F&B Supervisor.
• Reconciliation of all sales and cash/credit card payments to ensure that all monies are accounted for. Shortages will be dealt with accordingly. Accountable for all the sales recorded under your account during the shift.
• Print Generic stock sheets of actual stock count names and codes. Count Stock, sign next to changes with F&B Supervisor. Disclose all breakages and wastage to F&B Supervisor.
• Ensure that all personal food and beverage purchases are signed off by the F&B supervisor and are checked once received to verify. Ensure that the VIP security gets the signed slip for the purchases before leaving the premises.
• Ensure the service area is clean and tidy in preparations for the next shift.
• Ensure that internal procedures are adhered to.
• Any ad hoc duties that might be required.
• Experience in the Food and Beverage industry and the P.O.S system will be an advantage.
• Must be proficient in stock management.
This position reports to: Food and Beverage Area Manager
Apply before Monday, March 18, 2019 – 8 Hours left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.