Our client that is based in Pinelands is urgently seeking for a buyer’s assistant. The ideal candidate will be required to closely assist the buyer in all aspects involved in the buying & selling process up until delivery takes place.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The successful candidate requires an in-depth understanding of the critical path and must work according to the customer’s processes in line with our client’s processes to ensure delivery is met.
- You will be responsible to attend and take minutes of all meetings.
- The successful candidate is responsible for on-going follow up, correspondence and communication with suppliers and customers to chase approval samples, production approval samples, testing fabrics etc. and to provide detailed feedback and ensuring the timeline is on track.
- You will ensure that all contracts, PI’s and documentation from customers are received on time and that the detail is checked to ensure accuracy and to highlight discrepancies to the buyer.
- Your duty will be to arrange delivery & collection of parcels and documents with couriers, as well as follow up and tracking of parcels. Detail of invoices must be thoroughly checked when parcels are arranged for collection to ensure values and correct terminology is used.
- You will be responsible to photograph and catalogue all samples for reference as well as tag samples with style numbers and required details on swing ticket.
- The candidate will be responsible to catalogue all outgoing samples to Customers and ensure all samples are returned to our client and ticked off the schedule to record samples returned.
- You will assist the buyer in the setup of the showroom for customer meetings and to help to return samples after the meeting is completed.
- You will be responsible to tidy rails & assist the buyer with clean-ups and organize the office and showroom.
- The successful candidate must arrange and follow-up product testing for specific customers where required as well as communicate the results of the testing to the supplier and customer.
- You will organize and file orders and relevant documents.
- Your duty will be to record all important, pertinent information relating to each order; and document each stage of the specific order from start to delivery to ensure we have detailed records available with relevant dates and pertinent information relating to each order.
- The successful candidate’s must order all required trims, labels, hangers and swing tickets for each order.
- You will assist buyers in the measuring and quality control of samples / products.
- You will work closely with the warehouse and the buyer to arrange suitable pricing samples for specific customers, and to complete line seals for the warehouse to use during the quality inspection process. Perfect pricing samples must be selected for the customer and must be correctly packaged and ticketed before being submitted.
- As a successful candidate you will follow up on all outstanding samples from customers and suppliers and chase pricing sample approval if necessary / if delayed.
- The candidate will be responsible for weekly standstill meetings with the buyer to go through the detail of each order and product in the system.Candidate’s must be able to attend comparative shopping where required and to take notes and to photograph detail where necessary.
- Lastly, the successful candidate’s will check, count, pack rejects and to detail the order number, quantity and date for display for resale.
- Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- MS Office and relevant computer skills e.g. Excel, Word
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Exceptional Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Administrative skills
- Presentable, professional, polite and efficient.
- Good Organizational Skills
- Have attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Experience in Fashion Industry advantageous
- Technical knowledge of fabrics is an advantage
- Must have transport
- Candidate must be an South African citizen
To start immediately
08:30 am – 17:00 pm
Basic conidtions of employment Act:
- 15 Days leave
- 4 Months maternity leave
- 3 Months probation period
- 2 weeks notice period
Salary: RSalay depends on expeience / No company benefits
Job Reference #: 1987