Carpet cleaning technician needed – Apply Now. Posting Date Dec 23, 2021, Job Number 21152615, Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry, Location The Westin Cape Town, Convention Square Lower Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa, Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts, Schedule Full-Time, Relocation? N Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road.
Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Carpet Cleaning Technician
Function: We are recruiting for a hardworking and top-class Carpet Cleaning Technician with a “Can Do” positive attitude and is effective and efficient while providing a high-quality service to join our Housekeeping team . Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the successful candidate will be experienced and knowledgeable in the Carpet Cleaning function and will be responsible to clean carpets throughout the hotel with specific, relevant techniques and specialised skills whilst ensuring all carpets are maintained and allocated tasks is completed to high standards. This position will also be required to perform functions within the housekeeping department as and when required whilst maintaining the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town Hotel in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures within a pressurized environment.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A suitable related qualification preferable
- At least two years proven working experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of carpet cleaning products
- Professional, friendly demenour
- Efficient and effective in conducting tasks
- Clear and concise understanding of the English language
- Strong communication skills
- Previous work experience as a carpet cleaning technician.
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning chemicals and machines.
- Physically fit to lift heavy objects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate industrial cleaning machines.
- Ability to lift and move heavy furniture.
- People centric with a strong focus on the Guest experience
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-driven
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- Required to work rostered shifts and irregular hours as per operational requirements
- Flexible working hours as well as available to work weekends and Public holidays day and night shift as per operational requirements.
- Obtain cleaning requirements and tasks from Housekeeping management
- Assessing the state of the carpets that need to be cleaned.
- Applying stain and pre-cleaning treatments to the carpets.
- Carefully removing furniture to access all areas that need to be cleaned.
- Cleaning carpets using machine and hand-washing techniques.
- Drying carpets using drying machines.
- Resetting the furniture.
- Keeping the carpet cleaning equipment clean and in top condition.
- Reporting completed tasks at end of shift to the management team
- Perform other Housekeeping related duties as and when required
- Adherence to health and safety as well as COVID protocols within the work environment and at work stations
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and maintained at all times and after usage
- Perform other duties as and when required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.