We are inviting people between ages of 18 to 27 to apply for a one-year chef internship at 4- and 5-star Hotels, Resorts and Restaurants to the likes of The Accor Hotel – Fairmont Austin and Omni Mount Washington Resort.
• Age between 18 to 27 years
• Are South African Citizens
• Relevant qualification at NQF 5 level or higher or enrolled for such a qualification
• Alternatively, 5 years’ practical experience as a chef
• Be willing to work in the USA for 1 year
• Fluent in English
• Financial Resources to pay for initial costs of entering USA of R 10 000 (Rest of costs financed via loan and sponsorship from the USA)
What we offer
We take care of the following on behalf of successful candidates
• Booking of flights
• Arranging of accommodation
• Placement with top hospitality employers in the USA providing opportunities for internships
• Arranging of loans where necessary
• Partner company in the USA that welcome and look after candidates during the course of their stay
What Successful Candidates Get
• Completing a paid Internship program in the USA
• Work experience in some of the best hospitality businesses in the USA
• First class on the job training, building your career experience and professional skills
• Structured and guided work-based training
• Exposure to American techniques, methodologies, standards of service and management style for which the US luxury hospitality is renowned for the world over.
• Hands-on culinary experience and learning a specific skill-set.
• Being exposed to the operation of a culinary department and its different sub-departments within the hotel.
• You will develop an understanding of the overall restaurant operation with an established level of knowledge of the financial, business and managerial aspects of the culinary division.
• Ensuring brand standards and quality are maintained in all operations within the luxury hotel environment.
• The training will be overseen by an Executive Chef as well as a Human Resources team, thus ensuring continuity of training.
Salary: R24 000.00
Job Reference #: Chef 2
Consultant Name: Danie Fourie
If you are interested, email a comprehensive cv to [email protected] and include copies of your qualifications. Enquiries Danie on 082 825 8467.