Construction Manager Urgently wanted: Salary R17 000 – R20 000 Per Month
Employer: Alpha Recruitment
We are recruiting for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven Tunnel Manager for our client’s berry-farm in Hermanus. This position will be responsible for tunnel and project management on the farm.
The farm in Hermanus consist of 90 ha and two varieties of berries are grown including Blueberries and Raspberries.
Production includes growing mostly under tunnels in substrate and production is focused on export to Europe and Asia.
Establish and plan construction of new tunnel structures
Plan, action and orientate management and labour to carry out tasks within set outcomes and deadlines
Procurement of all materials and equipment within set budgets
Monitor and action contractors to meet outcomes within set deadlines
construction safety : 2 to 3 years
nurseries : 2 to 3 years
tunnels : 2 to 3 years
1) Tertiary qualification in agricultural or horticulture
2) Must have minimum of 1-3 years’ practical experience in Tunnels/Nursery houses/construction
3) Must have excellent management experience.
4) Must have good understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety standards and regulations
pertaining to construction
5) Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
6) Must have good numerical and planning skills.
7) Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity
8) Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
9) Must be willing to work overtime and weekends
10) Valid driver’s licence essential
This position reports to: Farm Business Manager
Apply before Sunday, March 24, 2019 – 7 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.