Debtors Clerk urgently wanted: APPLY HERE
Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Description Debtors Clerk (Commercial Administrator)
Reports to Group Credit Controller
To ensure the timeous collection of the company’s debtors book in order to maximize cash flow of the business, minimize the risk of bad debts and reduce the debtors days to an acceptable level
To ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to in respect of the granting of credit to customers
To timeously alert management of potential collection problems
Key performance areas
Daily review of accounts with staff in order to ensure that queries are attended to and that cash is received punctually when due;
Quality control and approval of processes result in accurate financial controls.
Accurate and timeous query resolution results in accurate accounts and satisfied customers.
Daily management of overdue accounts with escalation procedures in order to mitigate risks.
Member of the Debtors and Contracts team (Operational)
Within parameters of the Contracts and debtors decision making policies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Credit Management qualification advantageous
– 5 years working experience in debt collecting and credit control.
PROFILE TRAIT GUIDELINE REQUIRED (as per DISC)
The Debtors Clerk (Commercial Administrator) is responsible for the following:
AREA / TYPE
1. Collection of Money
2. Following up on debtors payments
3. Allocating debtor payments to accounts on the system
4. Reconciling customer payments with invoices
1. Follow up on all enquiries received.
2. Resolving daily Debtors queries.
3. Debtors reconciliations
4. Maintaining debtors Master Files and Credit Limits.
5. Performing Credit checks on new Customers for approval.
6. Distributing Invoices and Statements.
8. Daily / Weekly / Monthly Reporting to management on outstanding debtors
9. Assisting with debtors review project.
10. Other responsibilities as allocated from time to time.
SKILLS REQUIRED – SPECIFIC
1. Strong in collecting outstanding debtors
2. Strong understanding of the debtors and creditors
1. Able to relate well to people and understand what motivates them
2. Must have an ability to understand customer needs
3. Must be able to communicate well internally and with customers
Organizing and Planning
1. Must be highly organized and able to plan him/herself
1. Fully computer literate, including Microsoft Office
1. Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Afrikaans
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse Industry
3. To lead customer discussions to advance the credit control function
1. To ensure that all duties are carried out safely and in accordance with all company and legal requirements
2. To work in harmony with other employees in the Company
3. To ensure that confidentiality in all Eazi Access Rental matter is maintained
4. To produce other information as required and to carry out other duties either directly or indirectly as requested by your manager from time to time
5. Compliance to policies and procedures of Eazi Access Rental
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Administrative office procedures, practices and equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
Language: Afrikaans (Preferred)