Qualified Diesel Mechanic (PTA-East) Non-EE (Trucks & Commercial Vehicles):
- Service and maintenance of all Hino, UD and Dyna Trucks awa all commercial vehicles.
- Order all service and repair parts to maintain the trucks and vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair steering systems on commercial vehicles.
- Maintain forced induction systems on diesel engines.
- Carry any measurements on the intervals of a diesel engine and report worn parts.
- Diagnose and repair manual transmissions, clutch and driveline components.
- Repair and maintain fuel components such as diesel pumps and fuel injectors.
- Maintain heavy vehicle suspension components on a commercial vehicle.
- Perform all necessary battery tests to maintain specification.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle cooling, lubrication and steering components.
- Keep Workshop / Operation manager and colleagues up to date on all tasks performed.
- Remove, inspect and replace tyres of trucks and commercial vehicles.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the workshop and follow necessary OHS procedures.
- Any other related responsibilities as and when required.
- Red Seal Diesel Mechanic qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Must have a Code 14 drivers’ license.
- Willing to work at least 2 weekends and 1 weekend on standby.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Willing to travel nationally as and when required.
- Must have contactable references, NO job hoppers please.
R30 000 – R35 000, depending on skill and experience.
Attach your CV to your Gumtree application / send to [email protected]
If you don’t receive feedback in 1 month, consider your application unsuccessful.