Hotel Porters Wanted: Gorgeous George consists of a Multifunctional Events venue, 32 Bedrooms, a Restaurant and Bar and a Rooftop Pool and entertainment venue.
We are currently seeking porters for our hotel opening. We’re looking for energetic, reliable and positive individuals who are passionate about guest liaison, confident with guests and comfortable dealing with high profile guests from diverse backgrounds.
You will be the first and last employee our guests and customers see upon visiting and therefore your position is key to the venue and team.
The main purpose of the role includes, but is not limited to:
• Report for duty punctually for every shift, in a complete, clean uniform and sign in with the line manager.
• Greet and offer assistance to guests arriving/leaving the venue. This includes opening doors, hailing cabs, greeting guests and carrying their bags. To provide prompt collection, delivery and handling of luggage as and when required to the requirement of the standard of performance.
• Perform related duties as may be instructed by reception i.e. Delivery newspapers, faxes to the guest rooms.
• Perform general delivery or collection duties.
• Assist with hotel service duties including waitering in the lobby/public areas of the hotel.
• Ensure that all front and back of house areas are kept in a clean and safe manner.
• Ensure the security of guest luggage, ensuring all company security procedures are met.
• Have a sound product knowledge of the hotel, it’s facilities, layout, tariff structure and local amenities.
• To liaise and co-operate with all other operational departments on all Front of House matters that affect them.
• To handle complaints or queries swiftly ensuring all points are correctly reported to the manager.
• To maintain the highest standards of team and personal appearance, hygiene and conduct at all time.
• To ensure the highest level of care and courtesy is maintained at all times with our visitors, clients, guests and team members.
• To report any health & safety-related issues, including accidents and near misses to the appropriate Head of Department immediately.
• Escort guests to bedrooms, up sell all hotel facilities and explain all room facilities to the guests.
• To ensure a proper handover is prepared for the following shift.
• Reporting to the Front of House Manager.
What we are looking for:
• Good communications skills (verbal, listening, writing).
• A positive attitude and good previous track record are essential, as is previous experience of delivering high quality guest service.
• Ability to stand for long periods of a time.
• To be courteous and of a pleasant nature.
• Being reliable and proactive and assist guests before they ask for help.
• Flexible with the hours and days you can work.
• Efficient in multi-tasking in high pressure environments.
• Comfortable and able to carry luggage and guest items.
• Passionate about helping people.
• Previous experience in a similar role is a must.
What we offer:
• Complimentary meal on duty
• A competitive salary
Fantastic career growth opportunities
**PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A CV UPLOADED WON’T BE CONSIDERED**
Consultant Name: Lucia Gouws