Hotel receptionists wanted – Apply:
Gorgeous George consists of a Multifunctional Events venue, 32 Bedrooms, a Restaurant and Bar and a Rooftop Pool and entertainment venue.
We are currently seeking receptionists for our hotel opening. We’re looking for energetic, reliable and positive individuals who are passionate about guest liaison, confident with guests and comfortable dealing with high profile guests from diverse backgrounds.
You will be the first and last employee our guests and customers see upon visiting and therefore your position is key to the venue and team.
We look for people who are going to inspire our guests. You’ll be curious by nature and go out of your way to discover what is going on in the local neighbourhood and make the effort to share this with guests.
Above all, we look for people who are warm, courteous, friendly and approachable so guests feel inspired to engage with you, ask questions and share their requirements and preferences so they get a truly personalised experience.
The main purpose of the role includes, but is not limited to:
• Report for duty punctually for every shift, in a complete, clean uniform and sign in with the line manager.
• Greet and offer assistance to guests arriving/leaving the venue
• Ensure the security of guest luggage, ensuring all company security procedures are met
• Have an outstanding product knowledge of the hotel, it’s facilities, layout, tariff structure and local amenities
• Check-in, check-out, safe handling of guest data, allocation of rooms, phone answering.
• To liaise and co-operate with all other operational departments on all Front of House matters that affect them
• Concierge level of knowledge of Cape Town and surroundings
• To handle complaints or queries
• To maintain the highest standards of the team and personal appearance, hygiene and conduct at all time
• To ensure the highest level of care and courtesy is maintained at all times with our visitors, clients, guests and team members
• To report any health & safety-related issues, including accidents and near misses to the appropriate Head of Department immediately
• Escort guests to bedrooms, up-sell all hotel facilities and explaining all room facilities to the guests.
• To ensure a proper handover is prepared for the following shift
• Handling invoices, card payments, cash payments and float in accordance with company standards
• Reporting to the Front of House Manager.
What we are looking for:
• Exceptional communications skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Strong customer care skills
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confident, professional and welcoming personality
• Charismatic and empathetic
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Ability to see complaints coming and stop them from happening
• A positive attitude and good previous track record are essential, as is the previous experience of delivering high-quality guest service
• To be courteous and of a pleasant nature
• Reliable and proactive assisting guests before they ask for help
• Flexible with the hours and days you can work
• Efficient in multi-tasking in high-pressure environments
• Passionate about helping people
• Experience in a front-of-house role with excellent customer service skills, driven by an engaging and outgoing personality is a must.
What we offer:
• Complimentary meal on duty
• A competitive salary
• Fantastic career growth opportunities
**PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A CV UPLOADED WON’T BE CONSIDERED**
Consultant Name: Lucia Gouws