Ops Coordinator wanted immediately: APPLY HERE
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 18.06.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Ops Coordinator
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Marine Services
Location : Saldanha
Reporting To : Manager – Marine Operations
Grade Level : H1X
Reference Number : 10157269
Position Purpose :
To effectively plan and compile shift roster, and coordinate the allocation of personnel to meet shipping
demands/requirements in terms of call outs, reliefs, overtime and reorganization of teams, thus ensuring a reduction in vessel
turnaround times and increased revenue generation, as well as to provide administrative -up system to ensure effective
record keeping and timeous availability of records , statistics and information for management decision making.
Position outputs :
1. To compile a shift roster and amend according to shipping requirements in terms of call outs, relief, re-organizing of staff-
moving employee(s) from one shift to another as the need arises.
2. Perform comprehensive office and personnel administration functions, in terms of monitoring leave applications and
rosters, managing absenteeism and sick records, administering time and attendance registers and loading excess time/
Sunday time and absences in SAP, attending to the personnel and administrative needs of employees in terms of medical ,
housing and banking arrangements, arranging training and development.
3. Arrange meetings, compile agendas, minute- taking, typing and distribution.
4. Consolidate operational information and compile various management reports and statistics ( e.g. Transnet Business
Intelligence report, monthly reports and ad hoc reports)
5. Update Marine Operations Business Continuity Plan and maintain BCP box.
6. Develop, update and maintain SA Search and Rescue Plan
7. Collection and recording of information pertaining to shipping incidents.
8. Maintain database of arrested vessels and shipping incidents.
9. Compile, monitor and administer Marine operations budget
10. Coordinate rosterinq and approval as per special job or vessel requirement.
11. Requisitioning of Stores, consumables and office stationery and equipment.
12. Reconciliation of telephone accounts and general expenditure .
13. Administer Quality management system, ISO 9000, document controller ( NCR, CAR and audit reports).
14. Conduct SO audits for sections of the Harbour Master’s department, as per audit schedule, raise audit action reports as
per findings, follow up and sign off.
15. Plan, compile and amend/update work and leave rosters
16. Make suitable relief arrangements often at short notice
17. Scrutinize time documents for correctness and capture absences in SAP system
18. Co-ordinate the completion of IDP’s and submit to HR
19. Arrange release of personnel to attend training as scheduled
20. Maintain and update Marine Operations asset register
21. Supervise contractors such as cleaners or other service providers.
22. Liaise with SAMSA and other legal bodies of all issues relating to marine training and requirements and or
23. Administer, arrange and co-ordinate medical appointments, STCW requirements and related activities with legal bodies
and practitioners e.g. SAMSA.
24. Manage the time and attendance register for the department.
25. Analysing and interpreting financial transactions/invoices/ blue prints
Qualifications & Experience :
Qualifications and experience
Certificate in Office Administration (6 Months)
At least 3-5 years experience in the Marine environment
Nautical environment and terminology
Thorough knowledge of the Port’s shipping
procedures & systems
Marine operations and procedures
IMO rules and regulations
Time & Attendance