Plant Engineering Manager wanted Urgently: APPLY HERE.
Employer: ILANGA OUTSOURCING
As an Engineering Manager you will be reporting to the Plant Manager.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Undertaking strategic planning activities with the senior
management team and in line with customer and business needs.
• Lead responsibilities for continuous improvement programmes (eg WCM Pillar owner). Create, implement and direct initiatives in line with programme goals and deliverables.
• Ensure safety, health and the environment is at the centre of all site activity whilst demonstrating role model behaviour and leading by example.
• Set Engineering, Maintenance and process targets in line with operations objectives and develop the strategies to achieve these. Implement and manage the processes required to achieve targets.
• Direct activities within the Engineering teams (Tooling, process engineering, maintenance and prototyping) such that they are focused on performance improvement against the agreed KPI’s of the business.
• Lead, implement and drive methodologies that will bring change to the plants performance progressing towards World Class Manufacturing standards.
• Define and manage the skills requirements and subsequent training within Engineering paying attention to the company’s competency matrix to improve people capability in the plant.
• Responsible for determining the structure and resource requirements of the Engineering and Maintenance departments such that the overall strategy of the plant can be fulfilled.
• Enforce corrective discipline where required.
• As part of managing working capital of the plant and ensuring that the plant continuously run, ensure that you proactively identify critical spares, in line with inventory policy, and ensure that controls are in place to manage the spares appropriately
• Using best practice project methodology, manage engineering capex project in line with strategic development plan.
• To lead, coach and manage the engineering team to ensure an engaged workforce
• Creating an environment within the team that stimulates creativity and innovation.
• Ensure Reliability pillar route maps are planned and executed
• Ensure all F – Matrix/Annual plan projects are executed to standard
• Functions as GMR 2.1 for site and ensure all safety standards are of the highest standard, is audited and maintained from an engineering aspect
• Ensure PM Step 0 is at a World Class level at all times and the tools are being applied daily
• Predictive and preventative maintenance as well as planning and execution for the plant – Mechanical and Tooling tasks.
• Drive Root Cause Analysis techniques from the reporting teams to ultimately eliminate repeat losses on the production lines.
• Maintain area’s SAP PM planning system with the Maintenance Planner.
• Assist with engineering investigations to rectify failures (maintaining a flexible working pattern to give out of hours support where possible) and with EWO completion on Plant failures.
• Understand best practice within the Engineering environment and propose recommendations for both aligned team & infrastructure improvements.
• Complete successful FI and PM projects.
• Manage Stores personnel and ensure World Class stores management.
• Ensure Site Asset Management and Facilities Management.
• Ensure fluid operation of engineering procurement systems.
• Management of the WCM Energy Pillar
• Ensure Management of Change System is followed from and Engineering perspective for the site
• Work with the Process Engineering department to optimise and improve process efficiency within the Plant
• Ensure the maintenance budget is set correctly and target numbers are adhered to monthly
• Ensure Asset Register is verified accordingly and all site assets are maintained and tracked
• Ensure all Engineering Legislative requirements are met for the site
ADDITIONAL INFO You can expect to become part of an innovative, international Group that is a market leader; a Group united by strong values that are shared by all employees. There are multiple prospects for career growth through training and international opportunities
engineering manager : 3 to 4 years
• B. Eng/BSc Eng, Electrical or Mechanical
• Preferably – in possession of Government Certificate of Competence, Mechanical/ Electrical (GCC Factories)
• MBA or other commercial degree advantageous
• Registered Professional Engineer advantageous
• 7 – 10 years’ experience in engineering, reliability and plant maintenance
• Good computer skills with spreadsheet (Excel), SAP and PLC knowledge
• Significant prior engineering and maintenance management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Operating within formal standards such as OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9000, etc.
• Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (SAP or other)
• High level project management of large CAPEX investments
• Accomplished problem-solver, logical, analytical
• High Attention to detail and previous WCM, Reliability Engineering, TPM or other planned maintenance system development
• Project management experience with demonstrated Capex planning and execution
• Strong communication skills and ability to present, coaching influence and persuade at all levels
• Proven leadership capability – coaching and developing others, including enabling others to lead their teams effectively.
• Ability to lead cross functional project teams to successful completion
• Experience in Engineering software packages, eg AutoCad, Matlab, Circuit drawing or single line diagram software, Java, plc software or VSD software knowledge
This position reports to: Plant Manager
Apply before Monday, February 11, 2019 – 8 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.