Quality Control Administrator – Apply Now.
Sappi Southern Africa
Quality Control Adminstrator May 2020 (Grade13 /Scale B)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a QUALITY CONTROL ADMINSTRATOR to collect and file quality control data. Thus, performing the required tasks of product sampling including cutting, filling, sorting or sending of samples in the sample room
This role reports into the Quality Control Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Collect daily reel samples from both PM1 and PM2 for filing.
- Identify and cut out-turn samples using a guillotine for cutting.
- Responsible for the distribution of the out-turn samples to Head Office and all local sales branches.
- Perform the quality check to ensure that the samples sent out are of the good quality.
- Responsible for sorting and accurate storage of paper samples in the storeroom.
- Maintain a register for sample distribution.
- Ensure correct rotation of the paper stored in the sample room.
- Manage and distribute external and internal mail for the Paper Mill.
- Utilise various software packages to construct reports, log sheets and graphs.
- Ensure relevant messages and safety information is displayed on notice boards.
- File records and maintain the filling system as per requirements.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly graphs.
- Collect, controls and distributes wages and salaried staff pay slips for the Paper Mill.
- Collect and deliver items to and from the main stores.
- Responsible for safety and housekeeping in the sample room.
- Comply with all work-related instructions given by a person authorised to do so.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 or N3 with Maths and Physical Science
- Computer literacy
- 6 months relevant laboratory experience.
- Pulp and Paper industry experience will be advantageous
Closing Date: 22 May 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.