Receiving General Assistant Needed – Apply Now. A well-known grocery store is looking for experienced and professional Receiving General Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a retail environment and have receiving experience.
- Unload the goods by operating a forklift if required.
- Ensure that quantities are correct by matching the physical quantity offloaded with the quantity on the delivery documentation and the quantity ordered.
- Visually inspect delivered goods for damage and correctness.
- Conducting relevant Food Safety Temperature Checks as per the FSMS in the case of refrigerated deliveries.
- May need to draw up credit notes if stock quality or quantities are incorrect.
- Invoicing and credit note accountability
- Product and supplier knowledge
- Security awareness
- Forklift Operator certificate (optional)
- Strong interpersonal skills allows for interaction with suppliers and staff
- Numeracy skills to check stock received
- Work out unit prices
- Invoices and credits.
- Self-motivated to ensure that all deliveries are checked promptly and if an error occurs that it is followed up on.
- Available and flexible to work different shifts across trading and none trading hours
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure that all deliveries are received timelessly
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- High School (matric) (Required)