Safety Officer Wanted – Apply Now.
– This is a Safety Officer position based in Limpopo – Mogalakwena. The successful candidate will be expected to perform routine safety, health, environmental and quality inspections – To identify and eliminate/minimise exposure to potential hazards. – He or she must have diploma in Safety Management or equivalent – 3 years’ demonstrated SHERQ experience in a mining environment – 2 years’ demonstrated experience in general administration – 2 years demonstrated experience in risk management and compliance.
Diploma in Safety Management or equivalent
– 3 years’ demonstrated SHERQ experience in a mining environment – 2 years’ demonstrated experience in general administration Advantageous Requirements – 2 years demonstrated experience in risk management and compliance
Risk Mitigation and Reporting • Perform routine safety, health, environmental and quality inspections • Identify and eliminate/minimise exposure to potential hazards • Ensure that notice boards are correct / up to date and communicated to employees • Identify and report on any non-conformances • Report and follow up any unusual situation or condition • Audit work areas and ensure house-keeping practises are implemented and adhered to • Report, verify and co-ordinate the site statistical information
• Facilitate evaluation of the tasks identified for the purpose of determining critical tasks. • Follow up on the implementation of the risk control measures and update action sheet accordingly. • Monitor and trend analysis of identified key performance areas • Conduct and capture all misfire investigations Implemented SHERQ Policies and Procedures • Ensure that all the requirements of the mine health and safety act, OHS act, and statutory requirements are met on sites. • Ensure that staff working at the sites meet all the statutory, legal and BME SHERQ requirements.
• Ensure that inspections are carried out so that risks are identified and that the necessary risk management is conducted. • Ensure that prescribed audits are conducted and that the recommendations are acted upon. • Ensure that the necessary incident investigation takes place. • Ensure that required staff training take place. • Conduct internal site SHERQ audits. SHERQ Documentation • Facilitate compilation and compliance to all standard operating procedures (sop’s).
• Ensure that the necessary documentation and administration of health and safety matters are accurate and up to date. • Maintain and update electronic information systems • Manage to Sign off on all register files – monthly • Ensure that regulatory processes and process changes are followed and updated and recorded • Asses and monitor Safety Rep inspections • Ensure Red file is updated at all times • Capture and action all safety inspections and PTOs on client system. Operations enhanced SHERQ internal and external stakeholder relations • Action and communicate risk control measures.
• To build effective relationships with relevant external stakeholders to deliver on the mandate of the role • Assist and provide full support to the site management with all SHERQ related problems. • Ensures adherence to SHERQ requirements by all employees on site • Cultivates a quality management culture on site • Oversees the quality of products in line with statutory and company standards
• Communicate with the SHERQ manager with regards to all amendments and changes to processes and risk issues Housekeeping • Cultivates a culture among the staff of neatness, cleanliness, and orderliness in line with sheq requirements • Ensures that first-line supervision conducts regular inspections of sites, vehicles and equipment and that they ensure that standards are maintained • Monitor safe usage of PPE • Action deviations identified and communicate for the purpose of corrective action. • Follow up on corrective action and update action sheet accordingly. • Lead safety talks on sites.
• Ability to present information in a consistent, organized and accurate way • Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally • Ability to communicate in both a verbal and written manner and work effectively across all levels • Ability to solve problems and make decisions • Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)