The main purpose of this position is to plan and supervise the day-to-day security operations of operational security personnel working shifts at the Head Office of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Manage the Head Office facilities’ protection function.
· Conduct thorough inspection rounds and other security measures to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
· Monitor the implementation of, and compliance with, applicable policies and procedures.
· Conduct workplace assessments.
· Manage the firearms for shifts.
· Ensure that operational security staff members are fit for deployment.
· Manage the performance of team members.
· Provide administrative support to the Team Leader: Head Office Security Operations.
· Provide management information for the purposes of decision-making.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
· a Diploma (NQF6) in Security Management or an equivalent qualification;
· five years’ experience in a National Key Point (NKP) facility protection environment;
· two years’ experience in facility operational security supervision, including security systems, procedures and personnel;
· sound knowledge and understanding of a NKP security environment, emergency and incident management, control room operations and key control, and relevant legislation;
· a level of medical and psychological fitness commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position; and
· a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade B certificate.
Additional requirements include:
· ability to manage, on a sound business and security footing, and lead and direct a team in carrying out prescribed duties;
· ability to use initiative and function effectively and calmly in an emergency situation;
· proficiency in English;
· good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other related software packages, including the email system;
· ability to be constantly vigilant, alert and resourceful;
· available to work shifts;
· security management training and experience;
· NKP training;
· competency in handling firearms (9mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
· favourable security clearance; and
· valid code 8 driver’s licence.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the SARB’s ERP system. Apply now.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za .
· All available vacancies will be visible.
· Follow these links: [email protected] > Current vacancies (register and apply online) .
· To log in (right-hand side of the screen):
– Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process) ; OR
– Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here .
· Date posted > Last 6 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to competency assessments, psychometric assessments, an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 04 January 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her competence and experience.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department