Employer: South African Medical Association
To assist in developing marketing plans and effectively implement set objectives to increase the awareness of SAMA, its brand and its service offering in the market.
· Ensure that the marketing, branding and advertising objectives agreed to are achieved through daily activities and efforts. This includes, but is not limited to developing and implementing special events, campaigns, exhibitions, competitions, road shows, seminars, presentations and recruitment drives in conjunction with the marketing and events specialist.
· Create, have approved and then deliver promotional presentations, as requested by external and internal stakeholders to ensure that the SAMA corporate image is enhanced and branded effectively.
· Handle day -to -day general marketing & communication enquiries’ effectively.
· Provide marketing and branding support to Branches when needed thereby ensuring that SAMA’s corporate image is visible and accurately portrayed throughout South Africa.
· Identify marketing opportunities (gaps, niches & trends) for SAMA to take advantage of in order to increase membership through continuous professional development and market analysis.
Sales & Revenue Generation:
· Identify and negotiate advertising packages in the SAMA Insider as part of sponsorship packages, member benefits and special contracts
· Promote the Association amongst stakeholders so as to cultivate maximum sponsorship and achieve set targets for the division.
· Achieve set targets to increase SAMA membership through daily recruitment effort and initiatives.
· Achieve set rebate targets on an annual basis to increase revenue for the department and SAMA.
Branding (In conjunction with Branding & Events Officer)
· Maintain the SAMA corporate identity through the development of promotional materials including marketing collateral and SAMA branding.
· Manage marketing & branding material and memorabilia, in conjunction with the Branding & Events Officer for all events and projects.
· Identify and establish new stakeholders through networking and relationship building
· Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the SAMA corporate image is enhanced, value proposition is established and needs are addressed
Project Management (In conjunction with Branding and Events Officer)
· Plan, organise and effectively manage events within the project for SAMA and ensure overall customer satisfaction through accurately identifying opportunities, coordinating resources, establishing contacts, developing project plans and executing against all requirements.
Ensure that all invoice request forms are completed accurately and sent to finance for processing.
Reporting & Administration:
· Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing data accurately on a monthly basis.
· Facilitate and draft communication for the SAMA Insider to ensure that marketing activities are highlighted to its members.
· Implement and monitor customer surveys to obtain information regarding customer satisfaction of marketing initiatives implemented.
· Collate information received or trends identified from interactions with medical professionals and distribute relevant information to internal departments for further action when required.
· Ensure that all administration relating to the function is correctly recorded and filed for future reference
Degree or 3 year Diploma in Marketing or Communications
5 years in sales and marketing
Knowledge of medical healthcare industry
Consumer Protection Act
Knowledge of marketing principles
Graphic design program
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Competencies Required:
Computer skills ( MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point)
Communication skills ( verbal & written)
Marketing & Sales skills
Apply before Wednesday, March 27, 2019 – 61 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.