Snr Interaction Designer Wanted in Cape Town… My client is a design-led company that believes every problem starts with and ends with design. This means their design team engages with all aspects of the business and plays a leading role in bringing their team’s ideas to life.
If you’re the right candidate for this role, you’ll have a passion for user interface design but you’ll have broad design capability. You’ll be expected to work on projects ranging from new mobile experiences, to entirely new interfaces for our back-office software, to the preparation of beautiful slide decks for our founders, to evolving our website, to creating compelling documentation for the sales team in various formats, and tie-ing this all together in a unique design language that you’ll be responsible for helping build.
They expect you to be constantly curious when it comes to exploring new design tools and passionate about building design systems.
They are looking to hire someone exceptional.
A bit about you
- You’re kind.
- You believe that you are a manager of one.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience shipping mobile software, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space.
- You’re open, candid and have a willingness to disagree with members of the product team when it comes to yours and their ideas.
- You have a high-level understanding of established design patterns within the Android and iOS ecosystems.
- You believe that the small things do matter.
- You have experience with or a strong interest in design systems.
- You’re a wizard with your go-to design tools. We live and breathe in Sketch, we use Marvel for prototyping, Adobe Suite for the occasional job and Atlassian’s tools for the day-to-day.
- You can easily articulate what makes great products great.
- You’re comfortable working remotely.
What you will be offered…
- The design team works intimately with the engineering team, quickly bringing ideas to life. Your design will be put into the hands of tens of thousands of users on a daily basis.
- You’ll play a leading role in shaping and growing the design culture
- You’ll own your design ideas, from pencil to high fidelity and into production.
- With their San Francisco office and their Y Combinator network, we have one foot firmly grounded in Silicon Valley, giving you access to world-class people, insights and opportunities.
- A competitive, market-related salary set in USD.
Salary: Market Related
Job Reference #: 2157