Solar Project Manager wanted Immediately: APPLY HERE.
Employer: Solar Capital Pty Ltd
Project Manager (Solar) responsible for planning, scheduling, Laisioning, coordinating and getting all the required approvals, sanction and compliances for construction of large scale MW solar energy generation power plants from concept to completion as per the timelines and targets set by the organization as per the below specific tasks:
Responsible and accountable for overall management and laisioning for construction of large scale ground mounted solar projects being executed as per the targets and time lines set by the Organization.
Responsible for Planning, Scheduling, Tracking, Providing the direction and support to construction manager for adherence to timely compliances from all the contractors and sub-contractors for execution of work smoothly and timely as per DOE norms and regulation.
Responsible for forecasting of Resource requirements for the planned and assigned work as per the project need and compliances
Responsible to Analyze and assess the risk factors involved during the execution of work and report the same to EPC Head/His Designate
Responsible to Constantly Monitor and Report the work progress to the EPC Head/ His Designate
Responsible to prepare a daily report on the work progress and plan for next day schedule
Responsible to maintain the best safety practices at site with zero accident and safe man-hours
Responsible for Documentation and handing over of the project to O&M with closure all punch points.
Responsible for smooth interface & establishing excellent relationship with ESKOM/Department of Energy/Local Communities for Social Economic Development and Project Stakeholders
Responsible for coordination with the Supply chain team and the vendors for smooth flow of material deliveries at site with planning and control on the project.
Responsible for Coordination and laisoning with ESKOM & DOE team to get all the necessary approval and sanctions for the plant construction, commissioning, operation and meeting all the mandatory compliances as per Republic of South Africa (RSA) regulations
Responsible for maintaining of records and compliances to Economical Development obligations required for the project.
Responsible for Management and compliance of Local content Element Obligations by all the contractors, and subcontractors with maintenance of records and coordination with all the respective departments for regular filing and reporting.
Responsible for Management and compliances of Ownership element obligation as per the local content requirement with timely reporting and maintenance of records as per the formats provided by DOE
Responsible for EPC billing and payment
Responsible for coordinating with Lenders Engineers, Owners Engineers and the Lenders for timely approvals and clearances with submission of all records and documents
Resource planning & Forecasting
Ensure project compliances as per DOE and other government regulatory
Getting all the project approvals & Drawing approvals from ESKOM/Government Authorities
Meet project timeline as per set targets
Cash Flow and Cost control for the project
Contractor billing and Payments
Completion of project construction as per PPA COD
Meeting all the timelines for approvals, Sanctions and compliance for the project
Handing over of the project within set timelines
project management : 6 to 7 years
project planning : 5 to 6 years
a. Profile & Eligible Criteria
1. Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Power Electronics Engineering.
2. Experience: 5-10 years’ Experience in Planning and Execution of Large Scale MW Solar PV Projects/Conventional Power plants/Electrical/EHV/Transmission & Distribution Projects. Preference will be given for candidates who have experience in construction of solar PV power plant projects.
3. Should be a local resident of Republic of South Africa (RSA)
4. Should have good oral & written communication skills in English with sound knowledge on preparation of project reports, Schedules, site Test reports, QA plans, FAT documentation, Performance test & procedures and HOTO (Handing Over and Taking Over) documents.
5. Should have strong leadership skills and a good exposure & responsibility to lead a team of site engineers, project engineers, contractors and sub-contractors.
6. Should have good computer skills with well literate in MS Office, AutoCAD & Project tools like MS Project.
7. Should have good techno-commercial skills, Proven track record in implementing power plant projects & captive power projects involving Solar Farm projects, EHV systems, Thermal Power plants, etc.,
8. Should have a good knowledge in preparation of User Manual, O&M Manual for projects and other Engineering documentation for post & pre-Execution phase.
9. Should have good exposure on Testing of Electrical equipment’s, Solar Inverters, etc., with sound knowledge on usage of testing tools & equipment’s installed at site.
10. Should have sound knowledge of generation data analysis with monitoring of data and mitigate the problems for any underperformance of the generation plant.
11. Should have Liasioning abilities with local authorities like Department of Energy, Grid Utility Supplier, Electrical Inspectorate, Nodal agency, local bodies etc.,
12. Should have good exposure to Health & Safety work practices in execution of the project and implementing the same at the site with proper instructions to all the contractors and sub-contractors.
13. Should be able to handle the geographically spread out project.
14. Should be ready to travel
This position reports to: Global Head – EPC or his Designate
Apply before Sunday, April 7, 2019 – 53 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.