Technical Sales Rep needed urgently: Salary R24 700 Per Month
POSITION: Technical Sales Representative
LOCATION: Isando, Kempton Park, Johannesburg
REPORTING TO: Branch Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Matric certificate / Grade 12 or equivalent is essential
* Computer Literacy is essential
* Microsoft Excel knowledge is essential
* SYSPRO knowledge an added advantage
* Ability to communicate clearly on all levels
* Quick learner
* Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
* Excellent telephonic skills are essential
* Ability to communicate on all levels
* Must be able to work with minimum supervision
* Must be able to work under pressure
* Code 8 driver’s license is essential
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing in construction industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for developing, actively promoting and maintaining a customer base within the fire consultancy / mechanical consultancy / architectural / built and end-user environment
* Liaise with fire consultants / main contractors and developers to build solid relationships, and ensure the company is one step ahead of competitors on new developments.
* Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new prospects for the company.
* Present the company to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, presentations, telephone calls, and emails.
* Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting.
* Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; cold calling; specifications; asking questions; solution proposals; negotiation; handover to project manager.
* Identify customers, develop a relationship with the customer, submit a proposal, secure the order and be actively involved with both the customer and company’s contract management staff until the product/system is commissioned and handed over.
* In conjunction with the Technical & Estimating Department, the preparation and presentation of quotations based upon the standards and guidelines available to you.
* Prepare, assist with and respond to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner.
* Seek to leverage the company’s position based on all available relationships, experience and competence.
* Attend industry events and tradeshows, with a professional manner and polished appearance to aid in gaining new business leads and contacts. Networking is key.
* The pursuit and attainment of the Company’s sales and profitability objectives generally as specified in the budget, but subject to periodic review and redirection by the responsible parties.
* Conduct meetings, prepare and present reports, and provide information to identify potential targets for securing sales.
* Proactively promote the company such that products and systems are included in specifications before a project or development has gone out to tender.
* Product and system presentations to fire consultants, fire consultancy practices and other project stakeholders
* Identify and track each opportunity, managing and maintaining a pipeline of prospects.
* Be accountable for all client proposals and inquiry documentation.
* Keep abreast of industry issues, collecting and dispersing competitor intelligence.
* Remain proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
* Ensure the adequate maintenance of our computer records relating to our customers and inquiry current status. This is to include recording of inquiry status, follow-up of outstanding tenders, and any other records that
may be deemed necessary. These records will ensure the ready and immediate monitoring of all sales and marketing activities.
* Production of a bi-monthly report in the prescribed format describing in essence, the activities that have occurred over the preceding period, and activities projected, and assistance required, for the forthcoming period.
* Collaborate with the Contracts Department to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry stage to contract stage.
* Any other activities that may be deemed necessary.
* Capable and able to manage himself/herself and their responsibilities in an efficient, committed and enthusiastic manner.
* Effective liaison with professionals.
* Ability to build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with clients.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Ability to negotiate effectively and closeout inquiries to secure orders.
* Ability to interpret, understand and adhere to statutory requirements.
Technical Sales Rep responsible for developing, actively promoting and maintaining a customer base within the fire consultancy, mechanical consultancy, architectural, built and end-user environment.
Apply before Friday, September 27, 2019 – 7 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.