Gorgeous George is hiring Waitering staff! A vibrant new hotel that consists of a Multifunctional Events venue, 32 Bedrooms, a Restaurant and Bar and a Rooftop Pool and entertainment venue.
All applicants need to have the following paperwork (if applicable), experience and skills:
• Previous experience in a 4- or 5-star environment for at least 2 – 3 years is essential.
• Speak fluent English.
• Have good food and beverage knowledge.
• If foreign, have relevant paperwork that is valet and updated. (to bring to the interview non-negotiable!)
We’re looking for energetic, reliable and positive individuals who are passionate about guest liaison, confident with customers and comfortable dealing with high profile hotel guests and customers from diverse backgrounds.
As a waiter, you will be responsible for ensuring the service runs smoothly and delivering the highest possible standards of service. The role will be a very hands-on floor-based position so a confident and outgoing personality is essential.
The main purpose of the role includes, but is not limited to:
• Report for duty punctually for every shift, in a complete, clean uniform and sign in with the line manager.
• Ensuring the restaurant is correctly set up for the following service
• Taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests/customers in accordance with company standards
• Carrying trays and plates confidently and comfortably
• Communicating effectively and respectfully to guests/customers on all levels and all members of staff
• Clearing tables, cleaning food and beverage areas and preparing equipment and mise en place on an ongoing basis
• Handling cash payments and float in accordance with company standards
• Responsible for keeping up to date with food and beverage products and finding out about daily specials/new menu additions
• Must have sound product knowledge of the venue, it’s facilities, layout, tariff structure and local amenities.
• To liaise and co-operate with all other operational departments on all Front of House matters that affect them.
• To handle complaints or queries swiftly ensuring all points are correctly noted and reported to the manager.
• To maintain the highest standards and personal appearance, hygiene and conduct at all time.
• To ensure the highest level of care and courtesy is maintained at all times with our visitors, clients, guests and team members.
• To report any health & safety-related issues, including accidents and near misses to the appropriate Head of Department immediately.
What we are looking for:
• Exceptional communications skills (verbal, listening, writing) need to be fluent in English.
• A positive attitude and good previous track record are essential, as is a previous experience of delivering high-quality guest service.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• To be courteous and of a pleasant nature.
• Has a good level of Food and Beverage product knowledge
• Being reliable and proactive and assist customers before they ask.
• Flexible with the hours and days you can work.
• Efficient in multi-tasking in high-pressure environments.
• Comfortable and able to carry trays.
• Passionate about customer service.
What we offer:
• Complimentary meal on duty
• A competitive wage per hour
• Fantastic career growth opportunities
Consultant Name: Lucia Gouws