Waste Water Treatment Operator Wanted – Apply Now.
Roles and responsibilities
· Performs various water treatment functions including but not limited to;
o Operating and adjusting equipment to ensure optimised performance of the water treatment plants (oil separation, water filtration, DI system, cooling tower).
o Start-up and shut down plant.
o Monitoring and correcting flow rates and chemical dosages.
o Operating the waste water system for optimised operation including replenishing of chemicals, optimizing usages.
o Complete maintenance check sheets and report of deviations identified.
o Conduct safety inspections and conducting of laboratory tests.
· Supports the Engineering team in terms of troubleshooting, repairing and maintenance of water treatment equipment as required.
· Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds basic equipment under the supervision of a qualified maintenance personnel.
· Maintains and secures work tools.
· Ensures effluent discharge is within specification.
· Monitors chemicals usage and corrects accordingly.
· Reports over-usage of chemicals and alerts the PPC of Bulk chemicals running out.
· Controls the plant to prevent environmental incidents.
· Turns off and locks out equipment when not in use.
· Communicates with shift supervisors and managers on issues needing their attention.
· Uses production systems and data to support continuous improvement initiatives.
· Conducts quality inspection process and waste water.
· Performs quality assurance checks as required.
· Supports, implements, and conforms to the guidelines of ISO 9001, FSSC 2200 and QAS
· Supports through training attendance and compliance with standards of all quality initiatives.
· Operates production machinery as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Hazard investigation and risk analysis (HIRA).
· Complies with corporate directives and established job safety practices, policies, and procedures for the safe performance of work assignments.
· Supports, implements, and conforms to the guidelines of ISO 14001, ISO 45000, and OHSAS 18001.
· Performs clean-up and housekeeping duties in the WWTP area.
· Grade 12 National Certificate and aNational Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
· 1-2 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry will be advantageous.
· Basic knowledge and understating of water chemistry, filtration, oil separation and effluent management
Job Type: Permanent